ABOUT HEADLANDS AUSTINMER BEACH
Headlands Austinmer Beach began as a guesthouse built in 1926.
Headlands Austinmer Beach began as a guesthouse built in 1926 which was constructed by Joe Goss for Syms and Company. It consisted of thirty double bedrooms, landscaped grounds, twelve garages and staff rooms.
In 1954, sheep breeder Mr H. M. Rain bought the property and converted the guest house into a modern hotel with a new accommodation section and bars.
Brian Marriott and John Moore took over the hotel in 1972 and tore down part of the old building to make way for a new steak and wine bistro. After almost 40 years the hotel shut down due to safety concerns over the dilapidated state of the building in 2011.
Headlands through the years
Explore a visual history of Headlands.
From 1920s guesthouses, to a modern 1950s hotel, and it’s renovations to make way for a new steak and wine bistro enjoy snapshots throughout Headland’s history below.
A New Life
In 2013 the site was purchased by the Stevens Group
Stevens Group designed, constructed and currently manage the property which opened its doors in December 2016. Headlands Austinmer Beach has since been the recipient of many awards including:
- AHA NSW 2019 – Highly Commended – Best Deluxe Pub Accommodation
- AHA NSW 2019 – Best Apprentice/Trainee Of The Year
- Brides Choice Awards 2019 – Illawarra & South Coast – Best Wedding Venue – Boutique Hotel
- AHA National 2018 – Hotel of the Year – Regional
- AHA NSW 2018 – Best Pub Style Accommodation – Deluxe
- AHA NSW 2018 – Best Outdoor Experience
- AHA NSW 2017 – Hotel of the Year – Country
- AHA NSW 2017 – Best Pub Style Accommodation – Deluxe
- AHA NSW 2017 – Best Outdoor experience – Country
The Stevens Group are proud to be one of Australia’s leading private and diversified property development companies. Founded in 1982 they have delivered over 250 quality landmark developments throughout New South Wales, Australia